Music Theory Southeast (MTSE) is a regional society whose primary goal is to foster the discipline of music theory throughout the region which includes the states of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- President - Matthew Shaftel, Florida State University
- Treasurer - Hiu Wah Au, Appalachian State University
- Secretary - Daniel Jenkins, USC-Columbia
- Member-at-Large - Juan Chattah, University of Miami
- Member-at-Large - Alan Theisen, Mars Hill College
MTSE meets once a year on various campuses within its region. The most recent meeting was held at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC on April 5-6, 2013. Philip Rupprecht (Duke Univ.) was the keynote speaker. Michael Baker chaired the Program Committee. David Dominique (Brandeis University) and Judith Ofcarcik (Florida State Universitiy) were co-winners of the Outstanding Student Paper Award.
The 2014 meeting will be held at the University of South Florida in Tampa. The date will be announced later. Guy Capuzzo (UNC-Greensboro) will chair the Program Committee.